was built in two stages between almost seventy years
began as a one story home built in 1830 by an unknown
the Odessa Opera Theater architects, Ferdinand Felner
and Herman Gelmer, designed a two story addition to
the house. Its facade copies the style of the Italian
baracco. The thirty-three halls in this building are
rich in decoration and very elegant. In 1975 the building
the building is a landscaped garden, designed by F.
Duphen in the 1880's. The garden is encircled by a
cast iron railing on a high stone base.
the building has been used as the Odessa Scientist's