pxl
pxl
pxl
 
  General Information
  Odessa Guide
  Map
  Street names

  Coffee shops

  Transportation

  Air Travel

  What to do in Odessa

 

 


Odessa Film Studio

Odessa Film Studio
Frantsuzsky Blvd. 33 (Французский Бульвар)
Tel/Fax: 60-03-55
Email: kinograf@odessa.net

The Odessa Film Studio is located within white gates, guarded with lion sculptures.

The building has a ceramic orange facade. Founded in 1916, it is the oldest film studio in Ukraine.

During World War Two the studio was destroyed. It was rebuilt in 1954. A new building was added in 1973. During its height in the Soviet Union, the studio produced 20-25 television films and documentaries a year.

In the entrance is a large wall with black and white photos celebrating those veterans, both men and women, who fought in World War Two. The main inscription reads 57 years since the colossal victory.

The studio facade has four bas-reliefs:

Prominent Ukrainian Soviet
film director and writer
Oleksandr Dovzhenko worked at the Odessa
film studio from 1926 to 1929.

Bas relief with no inscription
1974 Shukshin
(Famous Russian writer and
actor Vasily Shukshin)
Talented cinematographist,
philosopher, and director of
Odessa film studio Gennady Zbandut
worked here in1964-1990.
Memorial plaque
Frantsuzsky Blvd. 14A
(Французский Бульвар)
Corner of Gagarina Ave.
(Гагарина проспект)

This street is named after the first cosmonaut of the world, the Hero of the Soviet Union, Yuri Alexeyevich Gagarin.

Memorial plaques
Dovzjenko 7 (Довженко)

In this building a professor, laureate of the State Prize of
Ukraine named after T.G.Shevchenko in the field of literature, Vasil Vasilyovich Faschenko
lived from 1964 to 1999.
/1929-1999/

In this building prominent Ukrainian scientist and journalist Andriy Volodimirovich Nedzvidsky lived from 1964 to 1984.
Here, in 1922, members of the Young Communist League (Komsomol) and young workers of the cinema factory formed "Red swallow" - one of the first pioneer groups in Odessa.
pxl